Sunday, March 7, 2004

How do I manage to muck up my back every, single, year? It's always around the same time as well. "Spring" means "back-aches" in my world. Oh, you do not have that problem? But how can that be? I was sure that it is some sort of a law of nature.

Actually, I know exactly what it is. This is the time when I have stopped my physical inactivity period, which goes from when I stop biking (or what ever I do during a particular summer) and until I am skiing quite a lot. Which happens to be in feb-march. Last year it got so bad that I had it MRI-ed. Turns out that the pillow-thing between two discs in my back may be beginning to deflate. Or shrink. Or whatever those pads do. So a nerve might be starting to get pinched between the two adjacent disks.

But there's an upside to all of this: After a few weeks of not-so-good pain in my back, it usually gets better again. All by itself. And by then it will be time to go biking again. Yippeeeeeeeee!

Until then, there's always ibufen.