Thursday, November 6, 2003

I have been looking for my pictures, which mysteriously disappeared from this blog last weekend. Thank you to all of you who wrote to tell me that they were missing. The culprit has been found: My web host!

It turns out that when I try to access any of my pictures, I get this nice comment from the server: "The page you are attempting to access has been removed because it violated the Term (sic) of Service." And what, you might ask, was the violation? Well... you're not going to believe this: By posting pictures of my baby daughter, I have been exploiting her, and the web host will have none of it!

Under the heading "Prohibited Conduct", in the Terms of Service in question, it says, in part: "You agree that you will not use [...] Products and Services to [...] Upload [...] any Content that exploits the images of children under 18 years of age, or that discloses personally identifying information belonging to children under 18 years of age."

Living in America!