Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Working like crazy can be fun. Seeing something really come together, especially after weeks of preparation and work. It is a really good feeling. Thrilling.

It is also strangely liberating when you are working on a big project with just one big deadline. Nothing else to dictate when you work, at what speed or for how long. So if I am having a hard time sleeping, for example if my wife is not at home, I might get up in the middle of the night and work into the afternoon of the next day. Or if I'm going nowhere I will just call it a day and continue the morning after.

I may not be the best person to explore this kind of working arrangement. You see, I do not seem to have any built-in sense of time. At all. So I will frequently burn the midnight oil the last few days before a deadline. Well, that's how I've always worked. It may be changing. Maybe.

But the thrill is fun.