Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Funny about my diet.

Now that I am not fasting anymore, I have been going slowly back to eating the same food I always eat. Pasta with boiled tomatos, roasted garlic and fresh basil. Hot curry chicken on boiled rice. Fried noodles with vegetables. Lasagna.

I seem to be adding the things that are worst for me back into my diet last. For example, I didn't buy a McDonalds until last week, and it wasn't until today that I bought my first candy bar again. A Twix, incidently. And a small bag of black & white m&m. What's up with that, anyway? I haven't had it before, but it tasted just like the old, colored ones. Only looked blander.

The point: I missed much of this stuff while fasting. Some it I literally craved, like grilled cheese, and pizza. But none of it – and I mean none of it – stood up to expectations when I finally got to eating it again. Not even the pizza. It actually gave me a heartburn. Which I hadn't had in months.

Sad. So sad.

I actually feel a little bit like Captain Haddock, when he discovers (in TinTin and the Picaros) that he can no longer derive any pleasure from his drinking.


Dictatorial duck billed diplodocus!