Tuesday, April 22, 2003

It is official. I am a junkie. A people junkie. I just can't get enough. It doesn't hurt that, for some unknown reason, I seem to have a guardian angel that keeps steering wonderful people into my path. Or me into theirs.

There were thirteen people in all here on Easter Sunday. Painting eggs, swinging from the trees (half of them are under the age of ten), eating chockolates, playing games, singing, searching for easter baskets, sunbathing, drinking, talking, napping, reading, looking for worms, pole vaulting, and dining.

We had a double steak dinner. Our houseguests made glazed ham, and I made my leg of lamb. I have always thought of ham as just something you put in a sandwitch, but this was something else! I must have eaten a whole pound of it. And the lamb was actually quite good, even if I say so myself. We poured the juices from the lamb over the mashed potatoes, which took them to a whole new level.

Mmmmmmm... I have to go now. I just remembered that I still have some leftovers in the fridge.